The Dominate Test Prep Podcast
35. Understanding the Executive Assessment, with Manish Dharia (GMAC)
December 07, 2020
Brett Ethridge / Dominate Test Prep
The Executive Assessment (EA) is an exam used by a growing number of top business schools around the world for admission to a variety of MBA and graduate business programs. As it has gained traction and become a viable alternative to the GMAT during the application process in some cases, inquiring minds want to know: What is the Executive Assessment all about, how is it used during the application process, and what's the best way to prepare for it?
To help answer these questions -- and more -- we're privileged to be joined in this episode by Manish Dharia, Product Manager for the Executive Assessment at the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the organization that created the exam. In other words, he's the guy when it comes to knowing the in's and out's of the test. Specifically, Manish shares:
- How the Executive Assessment came about, what it's designed to test, and who should take it
- The format of the EA and how it's scored, including a breakdown of the unique section-adaptive scoring algorithm
- Details about the Online Executive Assessment and how it compares to the in-person version
- Aspects of the "non-exam" experience, meaning the check-in process, score validity, sending score reports to schools, etc.
- How the Executive Assessment is used in the admissions process, and a key mindset shift you should adopt in terms of how you think about the role of the exam
- Insight into the registration process and the test-day experience (both in-person and online)
- Tips on preparing for the EA
- A quick review of the different question types you can expect to see on test day
- And more!
This episode is a great opportunity for you to get a first-hand account of the Executive Assessment straight from one of the test makers. Whether you're just starting to think about applying to business school or you're already knee-deep in preparing for the EA, there will be something in here to assist you on that journey. Enjoy!
- The official Executive Assessment website - Register for the exam, purchase practice tests, FAQs, etc.
- Playback of the full "Understanding the Executive Assessment" webinar with Manish Dharia
Complete Executive Assessment Course - Take the guesswork out of preparing for the EA
Executive Assessment vs. GMAT - Which should you take?
A DOSE OF MOTIVATION
"Begin to be now what you will be hereafter." -- William James