Big changes are coming to the main standardized test you need to take when applying for an MBA, and we're here to break it down for you. Specifically, the GMAC announced that it will be replacing the GMAT, which has been the gold standard exam for students pursuing an advanced business degree for nearly 70 years, with a new version of the test called the GMAT Focus Edition. We're joined in this episode by Barbara Coward, founder of MBA 360 Admissions, to dissect this monumental news. Specifically, we discuss:
- Why now
- What's on the new exam, and how it differs from the current GMAT
- Why a shorter exam doesn't necessarily mean an easier exam
- The timeline for the rollout of the new GMAT Focus Edition
- The mindset of admissions officers, and how this new version may better help them assess the best candidates for their programs
- What this change suggests about the future landscape of business education
- What MBA candidates can be doing now if they think they'll be taking the new version of the GMAT
- And more!
As we learn more about the specific details of the exam, we'll update you here on the podcast and via e-mail as well. You can opt-in for those updates HERE.
RESOURCES / LINKS
- Be the first to know! Sign up for timely updates about the new GMAT Focus Edition exam, straight to your inbox.
- Connect with Barbara Coward of MBA 360 Admissions for a complimentary 15-minute consultation.
- Prepare for your standardized test — including the GMAT Focus Edition — with one of Dominate Test Prep's comprehensive prep courses.
If you enjoyed this episode, we encourage you to check out these other similar episodes of The Dominate Test Prep Podcast:
- Episode 1: Top 3 Prep Tips for Any Standardized Test
- Episode 57: How to Prepare for the Executive Assessment
- Episode 61: Priorities if You're Short on Study Time
- Episode 28: The Value of an MBA, with Tim Munyon
A DOSE OF MOTIVATION
“Change is the only constant in life.” — Heraclitus
Connect with Us
Questions? Comments? Email us at email@example.com.